This post may contain affiliate links.
“Souper” Bowl week continues on RMK today witha easy quick vegetable beef soup. My hubby usually turn his nose up at any vegetable beef soup out there. I was worried when I made this is that he would even give it a try.
To my surprise he did try it and told me, “now this is a vegetable beef soup I can eat”. At that point I heard a round of applause in my head. I did it, my husband will now eat vegetable beef soup! This soup comes together quick thanks to bottled pasta sauce and frozen vegetables. Give this quick vegetable beef soup a try.
- GROUND BEEF
- BEEF BROTH
- MARINARA SAUCE
- ITALIAN SEASONING
- BAY LEAF
- FROZEN CORN
- FROZEN SOUTHERN STYLE HASH BROWNS
- FROZEN CUT GREEN BEANS OR CANNED CUT GREEN BEANS
- FROZEN PEAS
- SALT AND PEPPER
Quick Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (32 oz) carton beef broth
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups frozen southern style hash browns
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans or 1 (14.5 oz) can cut green beans drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, cook beef, onion, celery, and garlic together until beef is fully cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and simmer for 10 minutes until veggies are all tender. Serves 8.
Recipe adapted from The Big Red Pot.
Do I need to defrost the hashbrowns first?
[…] Quick Vegetable Beef Soup […]
Was craving soup and had a lb of hamburger in the fridge. I used V-8 instead of marinara and this was a HIT! My son does like chunks of tomatoes in soup, so this was a great compromise. Will be on our rotation for sure!!!