This post may contain affiliate links.
Day two of the week of soups is also creamy based, but a creamy tomato soup base. Think of this Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato and Tortellini Soup as a good old tomato soup but amped up with extras.
The base does begin with canned tomato soup, but the creaminess doesn’t come from milk. It comes from cream cheese. Add in diced tomato, sauce, and tortellini and you a have filling soup that is tasty and creamy.
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato and Tortellini Soup
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 (8 oz) containers chive and onion cream cheese spread, softened
- 1 (18 oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a skillet, brown Italian sausage and drain off any excess crease. Transfer cooked sausage to slow cooker.
- Add in chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato soup, stir until combined. Cover and cook on 6 to 8 hours.
- Add in cream cheese and cheese tortellini. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 30 minutes, until tortellini is fully cooked. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.