The base does begin with canned tomato soup, but the creaminess doesn’t come from milk. It comes from cream cheese. Add in diced tomato, sauce, and tortellini and you a have filling soup that is tasty and creamy.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (10 3/4 oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 (8 oz) containers chive and onion cream cheese spread, softened
- 1 (18 oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- In a skillet, brown Italian sausage and drain off any excess crease. Transfer cooked sausage to slow cooker.
- Add in chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato soup, stir until combined. Cover and cook on 6 to 8 hours.
- Add in cream cheese and cheese tortellini. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 30 minutes, until tortellini is fully cooked. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Plain Chicken.