I have been loving making new soups, so I have a whole week again of soup recipes for all of you including this creamy vegetable noodle soup.
This soup is a creamy based soup, but only milk, flour, and butter is used to make this soup creamy. Then you add in a bunch of veggies – red pepper, carrots, corn, celery, peas, onion. All the veggies make this soup so colorful!
Then you also and in pasta. The cream base is just full of flavorful veggies and tender noodles surrounded in a nice creamy base. Some dried thyme is also added in to bring in even more flavor. This is a soup I will be making often.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 onion , finely diced
- 2 carrots , diced
- 2 celery ribs , diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups milk (I used fat free)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1Tbsp bouillon (I use Better Than Bouillon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 7oz linguine, broken into 4 pieces
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a stock pot, melt butter. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes. Next add carrot and celery and cook for 2 minutes. Add in red pepper and garlic, cook for another 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in half the broth and mix. Once flour is incorporated into the broth, add remaining broth, milk, water, dried thyme, bouillon, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Mix, then add corn and peas. Bring to simmer then lower heat slightly.
- Add the pasta into the pot cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is just cooked. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats.