The last of the soup recipes for the week is one made in the Instant Pot for all of my pressure cooker peeps. This Instant Pot Potato Soup can be left chunky if you like it that way. Or you can use a potato masher to mash the potatoes to the consistency you like it. I like mine with the potatoes slightly mashed.
This recipe is made in under 30 minutes. It includes all the ingredients you would expect in a good potato soup including cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, bacon, and chives.
- 5 lb bag of potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Tbsp minced onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp butter, diced
- 3 oz cream cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- milk if needed
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 2 diced green onion
- Add the potatoes, onion, and broth to the instant pot. Seal and set to manual for 10 minutes.
- Once time goes off, release pressure manually.
- Remove lid and mash potatoes to desired consistency if wanted.
- Add in butter, cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, and salt and pepper. Sir until blended. If needed to thin soup, you can add a little milk to reach the consistency you like.
- Serve in bowls topped with bacon and green onion. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Living Locurto.