It’s National Chocolate Brownie day today! Do you like your brownies caky or fudgy, frosted or naked? However you like them, celebrate it today with the brownie peppermint ice cream pie!
I also have a nice collection. Me and the other #celebratingfoodholidays bloggers have put together this list for this chocolaty goodness holiday.
Now, one thing I love to pair a good brownie with at this time of the year is peppermint ice cream. Now, it’s just like what you find in this Brownie Pie. The chocolate just pairs so well with the peppermint flavor.
- FUDGE BROWNIE MIX (8-INCH SQUARE PAN SIZE)
- VANILLA OR WHITE CHIPS
- SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
- HOT FUDGE ICE CREAM TOPPING
- PEPPERMINT ICE CREAM
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- CRUSHED PEPPERMINT CANDIES
- 1 pkg fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 pint peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-in. pie plate and set aside.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Mix in vanilla and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes. Gently press down center of crust with back side of a measuring cup. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread the hot fudge topping over crust. Spread ice cream evenly over the fudge. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Serve each slice of pie with a spoonful of whipped cream and then sprinkle with crushed peppermints. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Chocolate Recipes (all pictured above)
- Easy Homemade Brownies from Pretty Providence
- Black Bean Brownies from Savory Experiments
- Healthy Brownies from Namely Marly
- Simple Chocolate Orange Brownies from An Italian in my Kitchen
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies from Creations by Kara
- Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies from The Baker Upstairs
- Christmas Tree Brownies from SupergoldenBakes