Life is busy enough for me as it is, but then add in Christmas and it’s just too much. So somethings gotta give. One thing that can be done is making meal time even simpler. I still want good meals, but they need to be quick. The less dishes used can also be helpful because that will result in less clean up. This beefy cheesy rice is one of those really simple and quick dinners that I recently discovered. It comes together fast, uses just a few dishes, and tastes delicious.
First you cook up some instant rice in the microwave. While that cooks, brown up some ground beef and onion in a skillet. Next you mix in some frozen corn, canned tomato soup, milk, salt, pepper, dried chives and dried minced onion. Allow all of that all simmer for 10 minutes. Then mix in some shredded cheese and the cooked rice. Then you are done with this simple cheesy dish.
- INSTANT RICE
- GROUND BEEF
- FROZEN CORN
- CONDENSED TOMATO SOUP
- DRIED MINCED ONION
- DRIED CHIVES
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 Tbsp dried chives
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice in the microwave according to package directions.
- In the meantime, brown beef and onion together in a skillet. Drain off any excess grease.
- Next add in the corn, tomato soup, milk, salt, pepper, dried minced onion, and dried chives. Bring to a simmer and simmer to 10 minutes.
- Add in cheese and cooked rice, stir until combined and melted. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from This Is Not Diet Food.