This post contains affiliate links.
Looking for a new cookie to take to your annual cookie exchange? Well, this week I have 4 new and different cookies recipe to share with you. I’m starting off with these toffee cashew cookies.
Now these toffee cashew cookies are crispy and chewy. They have a great nutty flavor paired with the buttery brickle from Health toffee bits. Cashew lovers are going to flip for this cookie.
This cookie uses butter and brown sugar. There is no white sugar in these cookies at all. The brown sugar gives them a deeper flavor along with a chewy texture.
Then you have your usual cookie ingredients in here. You have eggs, vanilla, flour, baking soda, baking power, and salt. It’s like what a base for a good chocolate chip cookie.
Next part is where the fun and different than usual comes in. You add chopped cashews and Health milk chocolate toffee bits. Now these cookies are great like this. However, I personally would love a little more chocolate in these cookies. I feel like you could reduce the cashews to 3/4 a cup and use 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips to add in a little more chocolate flavor.
- BROWN SUGAR
- BAKING SODA
- BAKING POWDER
- HEATH MILK CHOCOLATE TOFFEE BITS
Toffee Cashew Cookies
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 1/2 dozen cookies 1x
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cashews, chopped
- 1 cup Heath milk chocolate toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with brown sugar for 3-4 minutes. Add salt, eggs, and vanilla. Beat together until well combined and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in the cashews and toffee bits.
- Using a cookie scoop, place scoops of dough on a cookie sheet. Use your fingers to slightly flatten each scoop of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes until edges brown slight. Allow to cool on the cookie for a minute before moving to a cooling rack. Remove and allow to cool completely. Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Shugary Sweets.