This post contains affiliate links.
I never would have guessed that this stuffed pepper skillet dish would have been such a hit with my family, but it was. It is another new favorite meal.
My family would never eat a stuffed pepper. They would eat the filling and leave the pepper. However, this dish takes the filling and add in some diced peppers. The small amount of peppers you use in this dish was much better received by my family. This stuffed pepper skillet dish was loved the night I made it and the left overs were equally loved.
Now I made this dish in a skillet, but you can also be make it in the Instant Pot. I plan to try that method the next time I make it. The skillet method is ready in about 40 minutes. The Instant Pot version should take about 35 minutes.
To make this is the skillet you begin by browning the beef in the skillet with the onion and red pepper. Drain off any excess grease and mix in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Next you add in some beef broth, rice, Ro*tel, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring everything to a boil. Then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Once the rice is cooked, you can remove the skillet from the heat. Then sprinkle the stuffed pepper skillet dish with shredded cheddar cheese. Cover and let sit for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Then it’s ready to serve.
- GROUND BEEF
- RED BELL PEPPER
- ROTEL DICED TOMATOES & GREEN CHILIES
- BEEF BROTH OR STOCK
- LONG GRAIN RICE
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
- FRESH PARSLEY FOR GARNISH IF DESIRED
Stuffed Pepper Skillet Dish
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1(10 oz) can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies – Do not drain
- 2 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish if desired
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the beef broth, rice, undrained Rotel, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet and stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover the skillet and allow to sit for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melty.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
For the Instant Pot, in the insert on saute mode brown ground beef with onion, red pepper, salt and pepper. Drain off any excess grease. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add in the beef broth, rice, undrained Rotel, and Worcestershire sauce and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and the manually release any remaining pressure. Give a stir and then top with the shredded cheese. Cover for a few minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Mom Makes Dinner.