Today, I have for you all my newly discovered favorite soup recipe. I told you a bit ago how I was trying out some twists on the stuffed pepper because my family does not like them but I would love to be able to eat a version of them. Well, this stuffed pepper soup was one of those ways and it was a hit. My youngest actually asked to be able to have the leftovers. This is a miracle.
There really isn’t a whole lot to say about this soup. It have everything you’d expect from a stuffed pepper – ground beef, peppers, onions, tomatoes, and rice. I was really surprised by the amazing flavor that came from this simple soup. This soup is one my family will now ASK for me to make! Make it!
For this soup, I recommend pairing it with 7-Up Biscuits or 30 minute rolls.
I am also a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking and this is a perfect “Cantry” recipe. It includes diced tomatoes, beef broth, and tomato soup! I love to keep a well stocked “Cantry” to make recipes like soups. I love to keep canned soups, tomatoes, beans, fruit, and vegetables on hand. It makes it so easy as a busy mom to get dinner on the table.
** My site is hopefully getting it’s new look tonight after 8 pm MST while the change occurs. If you are going to be needing anything, be sure to get it ahead of time! It was suppose to occur last night but as luck would have it just as we were about to change it over, we discovered my site had been hacked. Part of the reason for this change is for this exact reason. We are also trying to make is more secure. Sorry for the delay.**
Stuffed Pepper Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large green bell pepper diced
- 2 15 oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 10 3/4 oz tomato soup
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups of cooked rice
- shredded cheddar cheese for serving
- In a large pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and pepper over medium heat until the beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth, soup, sugar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and allow to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve topped shredded cheddar cheese. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from The Country Cook.