This post may contain affiliate links.
Give your weekend breakfast a gourmet flair with this recipe for strawberry pancakes and coconut syrup.
These pancakes are super easy to whip together. You just add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. There are actual strawberries in the batter. The strawberries give the batter a nice light pink color. There is also buttermilk included in these for a nice tender pancake.
Next is the syrup. This is different from the coconut syrup recipe that I have shared before. The recipe I have shared before was basically a buttermilk syrup that gets it’s coconut flavor from coconut extract.
This coconut syrup uses coconut milk for the base. Then you add in sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, and vanilla. This is a syrup that would be great to use for other breakfast or dessert dishes. You’ll think you are eating at a restaurant with this gourmet strawberry version topped with the sweet coconut syrup.
Top these pancakes with even more strawberries to really drive home the strawberry flavor. Plus, it makes them look pretty too!
- COCONUT MILK
- CORN SYRUP
- VEGETABLE OIL
- BAKING POWDER
Strawberry Pancakes with Coconut Syrup
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 large pancakes 1x
- For the syrup:
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For the pancakes:
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup hulled and chopped strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- additional sliced strawberries for garnish, optional
- To make the coconut syrup, add the coconut milk and cornstarch to a sauce pan. Whisk together to combine.
- Add in the corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla and mix together. Bring to a boil while stirring. Allow to boil for 2 minutes. Remove form the heat and cool while preparing the pancakes.
- In a blender, add the buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil, strawberries, flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Puree until smooth and combined.
- Preheat your griddle/pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour thedesired about of pancake batter onto the preheated griddle/pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Continue cooking until all the batter is used up.
- To serve, top with sliced strawberries desired and drizzle with the coconut syrup.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Recipe adapted from KUTV 2 News.
The coconut syrup sounds delicious! I’d love to try it.