St. Paddy’s Day is all about the GREEN and this whole week, that is exactly what I have for you. I am sharing St. Paddy’s Day Brownies to start.
St. Patrick’s Day will be here before you know it and you will want something green to eat as part of the celebration. Today we begin with good old brownies that get an additional swirl of green colored cream cheese batter. They are simple yet festive.
- BETTY CROCKER® FUDGE BROWNIE MIX PLUS EGGS, WATER AND OIL LISTED ON THE PACKAGE
- CREAM CHEESE
- ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- GREEN FOOD COLORING
- 1 box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix plus eggs, water and oil listed on the package, prepared according to box directions
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- green food coloring (I used 12 drops)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour prepared brownie batter into the prepared 9 x 13 inch dish.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until well blended.
- Beat in the egg, flour, vanilla, and food coloring until well blended and smooth.
- Drop cream cheese mixture by tablespoonfuls evenly on top of batter.
- With knife, cut through mixture a few times to marble.
- Bake as directed on brownie mix box or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.