I find it hard to believe, but I have never shared a made from scratch pumpkin chocolate chip muffins recipe. I have shared a couple of recipes that start with a cake mix. I have also shared a few other recipes with other mix ins, but not with chocolate chips.
Now this muffin recipe has a secret ingredient that helps make them amazingly moist. It’s dry pudding mix! Pumpkin muffins are usually tender and moist to begin with. However, the pudding just makes these even better.
There is a good amount of cinnamon in these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins along with a little nutmeg. These are also not lacking in the chocolate department either. If you are adding in chocolate to a muffin, there should be plenty.Print
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 (3.z oz) pkg vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil, and pumpkins together.
- Add in the flour, sugar, vanilla pudding mix, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir together until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill 24 muffin cups lined with muffin liners with an equal amount of batter. The muffin cups will basically be full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until fully cooked. Check for doneness with a toothpick. Makes 24 muffins.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fall, pumpkin, muffins
Recipe adapted from Kristen Duke Photography.