Today’s post not only includes a great recipe but it also includes a great product. First the pumpkin butterscotch muffins recipe, I found this one on …and a cookie for dessert. The recipe she posted was for mini muffins, but I made regular sized muffins.
I was really curious of how the pumpkin would taste along with the butterscotch. The flavors really do well together. However, if you really are opposed to butterscotch I think it would totally work fine to do regular chocolate chips. I did enjoy the refreshing new flavor of the butterscotch with the pumpkin.
Now on to the product.
I recently discovered some great products from a company named Demarle. They happen to be the makers of the Silpats that you see Martha Stewart baking cookies on all the time. They also make the Roul’Pat too. There are serveral great lines of products that they offer. I used the Flexipan muffin tray to cook these muffins in.
The Flexipans are made from silicone along with woven glass. If you tried using silicone bakeware before, trust me when I say this is nothing like them. This product is so much better. There was no reason for me to use any muffin liners or grease, flour etc. when baking these muffins in the Flexipan. These pans are completely non-stick. So even better, these pans are a sinch to clean up. All you need is a quick wash with a little soapy water, a rinse, and shake. That’s it. My pan was literally clean in a couple of minutes.
These pans also come with a lifetime warranty, can’t beat that.
I am so in love with these products I decided to become a rep for the company. For those of you in in Utah, I will be in the Salt Lake Valley showing these awesome products on October 22 from 4 pm to 9 pm.
If you are near that area and would like to come and see the products for yourself, email me at email@example.com and I’ll give you the details of where I will be. However, for those of you who aren’t anywhere near the Salt Lake Valley, don’t feel left out. My next 2 items I plan on getting is the mini muffin tray and the bundt pan. I can’t stand how half the time I grease my regular bundt pan really well and I still have problems getting the cake out without any mess. With the Demarle pan there will be no greasing at all and the cake with come out of the pan perfectly.
Pumpkin Butterscotch Mini Muffins
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 6 ounce pkg butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin pan with cooking spray or line with cupcake liners. (With the Demarle pan you can skip this step)
- Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl.
- Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; divide into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full (mine were pretty full).
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, around 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.