Here is another easy and yummy muffin recipe. Guess what? These Chocolate (Pumpkin) Muffins all start with a cake mix. Now these muffins just taste like chocolate chocolate chip muffins, but the secret ingredient makes them healthier for you and nice and moist. That secret ingredient is pumpkin. Even though there is pumpkin in these muffins, you can’t tell.
For those of you on Weight Watchers, I was told that these chocolate (pumpkin) muffins are 2 points each (116 calories) if you make them exactly like the recipe states. I did however add more chocolate chips.
Thanks to BeckySaves who shared this recipe on pinchingyourpennies.com. I think changing the pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe (That was made with the spice cake mix) I posted just a bit ago to include the egg whites and water like this recipe would give them a better “muffin” result.
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I did 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients. Spoon batter into 24 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 24 muffins.