Today is a continuation of my Fall Recipe Celebration. Today the recipe are all using pumpkin. I am sharing a really simple recipe. If you don’t have this one already, you should. It’s a recipe for easy pumpkin cookies or muffins that you make with just 3 ingredients: pumpkin, a spice cake mix, and chocolate chips.
Now I have always used this recipe to make cookies, but I recently saw Kate over at Our Best Bites use the same recipe to make muffins. So I decided to give it a try. Mine didn’t turn out with a nice smooth muffin top like Kate’s did, but they worked. This recipe could pass for either muffins or cookies. I think I prefer them in cookie form. So try this recipe and you choose cookie or muffin. (FYI, if you make the cookies with just the cake mix and pumpkin and make 48 cookies they are only 1 point each for Weight Watchers)
Now here is my list of must have pumpkin recipe to make this Fall season.
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread – this recipe uses fresh cranberries and is oh so good. I have made it for neighbors and got many compliments.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread – this recipe is a staple for every year. Make it with chocolate chips or leave them out.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – I’m not a fan of pumpkin pie, but I love this pumpkin cheese. Plus it is so easy to make.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – now if you are in a hurry you can make the cake mix version, but I really love my made from scratch version best. I have also made it with cinnamon chips in place of the chocolate chips. This is always made at least twice during the Fall season at our house.
- Pumpkin Waffles – These waffles are delicious but what makes them really good is the orange walnut butter that goes with them. The orange adds a whole new dimension to the pumpkin flavor.
- Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes – this one is a new recipe I discovered last year and is now a family favorite. The cream filling compliments the pumpkin cupcake so well.
- SPICE CAKE MIX
- CANNED PUMPKIN
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Pumpkin Cookies or Muffins
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Mix cake mix and pumpkin together until well blended and all moist. Mix in chocolate chips. Now is where you get to choose. For cookies: drop by the spoonful on cookie sheet sprayed with non stick cooking spray and bake at 350 for 8 to 15 minutes, time depends on how big you make them.
- For muffins: fill greased or lined muffin tins. You'll get about 16 muffins. Fill the muffin tin full, the batter won't rise that much. Bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.