Here is another recipe I made to use up my big box of peaches. I got this recipe for caramel peaches from a slow cooker cookbook, but I am not sure which one. It was one I checked out of the library a while ago. You can used canned peaches if you don’t have fresh. You can also substitute apples if you’d like.
The sauce was a little runny for me to be serving it over ice cream. I did try to thicken it with a little cornstarch, but I would have still liked it a little thicker. I do think with the recipe as it, it would be the perfect topping for waffles or pancakes. This was very yummy and easy. I’m just gonna have to play around with the recipe to make the sauce thicker for ice cream.
- FRESH PEACHES OR CANNED PEACH HALVES
- LEMON JUICE
- BROWN SUGAR
- WHIPPING CREAM
- GROUND CINNAMON
- VANILLA ICE CREAM (OPTIONAL)
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced, or 3 (14 oz) cans of peach halves, drained and sliced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- In a bowl, toss together peach slices and lemon juice. In a slow cooker, combine brown sugar, butter, cream, and cinnamon; mix well. Add peach slices and toss to coat with sugar mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours until fruit is bubbling. If desired, serve over vanilla ice cream. Serves 4 to 6.
Note: Slice apples can be substituted for peaches.