This is another fabulous and easy recipe for the summer. I found it in my It’s Summer issue from Betty Crocker. This margarita fruit dip is different from most fruit dips because it isn’t a extremely sweet dip. You add some margarita mix to it and it gives it that lime margarita tang. It is served up with strawberries. I colored some sugar and dipped my serving bowl in water and then in the sugar to give you the look of a margarita drink. Fun and delicious.
- CREAM CHEESE (I USED REDUCED FAT)
- FROZEN MARGARITA DRINK MIX
- ORANGE JUICE
- LIME ZEST
- WHIPPING (HEAVY) CREAM
- WHOLE STRAWBERRIES
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
- 1/3 cup frozen (thawed) margarita drink mix (from 10-ounce can)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- Whole strawberries
1. Beat cream cheese, margarita mix, orange juice and lime peel in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
2. Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Serve dip with strawberries.