I had this creamy coconut fruit dip a while back at a family gathering. I can’t remember if it was a baby shower, a wedding shower, or just a dinner. Either way a stumbled across a recipe for it and it made me remember how yummy it was and just how much I love it.
It makes a lot which is great for a big party. If you have a pot luck you are going to I highly recommend you take this. However, it also stores well in the fridge. I made it for my family and we ate it throughout the week with fresh fruit for our dinner. It’s creamy texture along with the sweet hint of coconut flavor is the perfect compliment to about any fruit. If you must, you could always make half a recipe but why? You will love it. It is a nice light taste of the tropics!
This recipe creamy coconut fruit dip does get it’s coconut flavor from a container of cream of coconut. This is NOT coconut milk. Cream of Coconut is used to make mixed drinks like a pina colada and can be found on the beverage isle with all the mixed drink stuff. So look for the stuff there when you are at the store.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened (I used light cream cheese)
- 1 (15 oz) can or bottle of cream of coconut
- 1 (8 oz) tub of Cool Whip
- In a bowl using a stand or hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the cream of coconut until well combined and there are no lumps.
- Then fold in the Cool Whip until well combined.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
Recipe adapted from Dessert Now, Dinner Later.