After making that Blueberry Banana Cake and Blueberry Banana Cream Pie, I decided to create a pancake recipe with the delicious combo of bananas and blueberries. I started with my favorite pancake recipe – fluffy buttermilk pancakes – and added some blueberries and bananas. The blueberry banana pancakes turned out fabulous. I love fresh blueberries in pancakes. They are nice and warm and then you get that juicy pop when you bite them. YUMMY!
- ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- BAKING POWDER
- BAKING SODA
- VEGETABLE OIL (I USED CANOLA)
- FRESH BLUEBERRIES
Blueberry Banana Pancakes
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups well shaken buttermilk you may need a little more if you want a thinner batter, if you use milk/lemon juice substitute in place of the buttermilk the batter will be thinner
- ¼ cup well mashed banana
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil I used canola
- container of fresh blueberries
- Mix dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients (eggs, buttermilk, banana and oil) to a separate bowl and stir just until blended.
- Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix, batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Lightly coat skillet with oil. Heat to medium low (I do one notch below medium).
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto heated skillet. Use the back side of a spoon to help even out the batter if needed. Sprinkle with some fresh blueberries.
- Cook on first side until bubbles begin to form on surface and underside is golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip over and cook another 2 minutes until golden brown and center springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and butter. Makes 10-12 pancakes.