This Manti turkey or chicken is the marinade I was talking about a little bit ago when I posted the Grilled Chicken Cola Marinade. It is a well known recipe in Utah. In the area around Manti, Utah there are turkey farms. So I think this is why the recipe is called what it is. Norbest has a farm in Moroni which is near Manti. If anyone one knows the exact story I’d love to hear it. Well, no matter how it got it’s name it’s delicious.
I think the first time I ever had this Manti chicken or turkey was at a bbq at my Aunts house. It is intended to be used with turkey breasts but it also works well with chicken. I have been making this recipe for over 14 years now and it is a definite family favorite. I usually make it with chicken tenders.
- SOY SAUCE
- CANOLA OIL (OR VEGETABLE)
- GARLIC SALT
- TURKEY BREASTS OR CHICKEN BREASTS
Manti Turkey or Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup canola oil or vegetable
- 1 cup Sprite
- ½ tsp horseradish
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 6-8 turkey breasts or chicken breasts Or equal amount of chicken tenders
- Mix together first 5 ingredients in a gallon zipper bag. Add turkey or chicken and marinate in the fridge for 2-8 hours. (We do the whole 8 hours). Grill until cook through. Enjoy!