If you have followed my blog for a while you know that I enjoy the combination of sweet and spicy. Today, I have a yummy marinade for chicken that meets that criteria. Now you can use this brown sugar chicken recipe and cook your chicken on the grill. Or if the weather isn’t cooperating to grill you can cook it in the oven. So it is perfect for this time of year where we are heading into Fall and the weather is getting cooler.
- BROWN SUGAR
- HONEY DIJON MUSTARD
- BLACK PEPPER
- CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES
- LEMON-LIME SODA LIKE SPRITE, 7UP, ETC.
- BONELESS, SKINLESS CHICKEN BREASTS OR TENDERS
Brown Sugar Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda like Sprite 7Up, etc.
- 1 ½ boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- In a gallon sized zip lock bag, combine the brown sugar, mustard, seasonings and soda in a bowl and mix well. Carefully whisk to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the chicken to the bag and seal. Place in the fridge and marinade at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better. I did it for 4 hours. I also rotate the bag halfway through the marinating process.
- Remove chicken from marinade and bake or grill. To bake: cook at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes until fully cooked. To grill, grill over medium until fully cooked.
Adapted from Cooking During Stolen Moments.