I found this recipe in a little free Nabisco booklet from the grocery store before the holidays. It was with the cracker display. It had a bunch of coupons with it along with several recipes for the holiday. The recipe I chose to try was one that has some ingredients you might not normally buy. However, it is worth it. I like to have a few special dishes at the holiday time. This one is different and so tasty. Plus it looks pretty too. My favorite cracker to eat it with was Triscuits.
Layered Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Spread
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, well chilled
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil, well drained
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped and drained canned artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 2 Tbsp. chopped smoked almonds (can used mixed nuts as a substitute)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley (I used some dry parsley)
- assorted crackers
- Cut cream cheese horizontally into 3 slices using dental floss. (Make sure it is not flavored floss and I found it easiest to place the cream cheese on it’s side to do this. Then I finished each slice with my santoku knife)
- Place 1 slice on a large sheet of plastic wrap: top with tomatoes and second slice of cream cheese.
- Combine artichokes and pesto; spoon over second cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cream cheese slice.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, top with nuts and parsley. Press lightly into cream cheese to secure. Serve with assorted crackers.