I found this recipe for Layered Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Spread in a little free Nabisco booklet from the grocery store. I picked it up before the holidays. It was with the cracker display. It had a bunch of coupons with it along with several recipes for the holiday. The recipe I chose to try was one that has some ingredients you might not normally buy. However, it is worth it. I like to have a few special dishes at the holiday time. This one is different and so tasty. Plus it looks pretty too. My favorite cracker to eat it with was Triscuits.
- CREAM CHEESE
- SUN-DRIED TOMATOES IN OIL
- CANNED ARTICHOKE HEARTS
- SMOKED ALMONDS (CAN USED MIXED NUTS AS A SUBSTITUTE)
- FRESH PARSLEY OR DRY PARSLEY
- ASSORTED CRACKERS
Layered Sundried Tomato and Artichoke Spread
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, well chilled
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil well drained
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped and drained canned artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp. pesto
- 2 Tbsp. chopped smoked almonds can used mixed nuts as a substitute
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley I used some dry parsley
- assorted crackers
- Cut cream cheese horizontally into 3 slices using dental floss. (Make sure it is not flavored floss and I found it easiest to place the cream cheese on it's side to do this. Then I finished each slice with my santoku knife)
- Place 1 slice on a large sheet of plastic wrap: top with tomatoes and second slice of cream cheese.
- Combine artichokes and pesto; spoon over second cream cheese layer. Top with remaining cream cheese slice.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Before serving, top with nuts and parsley. Press lightly into cream cheese to secure. Serve with assorted crackers.