Cheese and crackers are a food staple in my book. Years ago, we had a Sunday brunch at my house. After eating Brunch, I was good to go until dinner. However, my kids seem to think they have to eat at least 3 times a day not matter what! So, I decided to make this three-cheese spread to help tide everyone over until our 5 o’clock dinner.
Recently, I made this spread again for a bridal shower that I was helping out with. I made this spread along with the green onion cheese ball that I shared with you yesterday. Then I also had a nice big array of crackers. This spread would also be a great addition to include as a soft cheese on a charcuterie board.
This recipe came from Amber’s Delectable Delights. It was tasty. I loved it best on the triscuit crackers. My only complaint was that the spread was quite thick. So, I just add a little extra milk to help thin it out just a bit.
I served mine immediately. You probably could made these into a couple of cheese balls too if you wanted to. Just use less milk and divide the mixture into two. Then roll in the deired nuts and shape into a ball.
We put the leftovers in the fridge for the next day and the cheese does get quite firm after being in the fridge. If you put it in your refrigerator, make sure you give it a little time to sit out before you serve it. This made a great snack and would also work great as an appetizer.Print
- 8 oz block sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 oz block pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- dash of Tabasco
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little milk to help thin it out a little
- In a food processor fitted with the shredding disk, shred cheddar and pepper jack cheese. Empty the cheese from the food processor and place the metal blade into the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, garlic and remaining seasonings into the food processor and process for one minute. Add the shredded cheeses back into the food processor and process for 1-2 minutes or until everything is well mixed and creamy. Add a little milk and process to make desired consistency.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve with crackers and/or pretzels.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
This is the original photo from this post when it was first published in April of 2009.