Cheeseballs are a staple at gatherings at this time of year. This easy shrimp cheeseball is a delicious option to serve. You need cream cheese, a few ingrdients for flavor, canned tiny shrimp, and some nuts to roll the whole thing in.
You cannuse whatever kind of nuts to roll this cheeseball. Chopped walnuts, pecans, pistachios, or sliced almonds all will work well. I’m good with any of them. If you want a more fresh twist, you can subsitutied grated onion for the dry minced onion or use 1 tbsp parsley in place of the dried parsley.
This recipe does call for fresh chives which I think is a must. You could subsitute dry in it’s place but the fresh makes such a difference in this recipe.
Wether you use this cheeseball for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or New Years Eve, you’re guests will love this cheesball.
- 2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can baby shrimp, drained
- Crushed nuts of your choice
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese, lemon juice, minced onion, garlic salt, chopped chives, parsley, and mayonnaise.
- Fold in the cheddar cheese and shrimp.
- Place crush nuts on wax paper.
- Add the cheese mixture on top of the nuts. Then roll in the nuts and shape into a ball into nuts.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to meld together. Remove from the refrigerator at least 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe was adapted from abc4.com