The only liquid used in this soup is what is included in the can of corn and Ro*tel. They cook along with some black beans and chicken.
The seasoning for the soup is 3 ingredients including dry ranch dressing mix, cumin, and chili powder. Once it’s all cooked, you and in some cream cheese. You stir it in until melted and soup’s on! You can serve it with chopped cilantro and tortilla chips.
The actual cooking of this soup only takes 15 minutes. However, you do need to account for the amount of time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure. Then this recipe does require a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, undrained
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro*tel, undrained
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 1 (1 oz) pkg ranch dressing mix
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut into cubes
- Add the beans, corn, Ro*tel, chicken, ranch dressing mix, cumin and chili powder to the Instant Pot. Set to manual cook for 20 minutes.
- Once done cooking, allow to release the pressure naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Place chicken back in the instant pot along with the cubes of cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican