A good white chicken chili is a must have in your arsenal of recipes. Well, now with the Instant Pot, it has become necessary to have an Instant Pot version. So, today I have a recipe for Instant Pot white chicken chili.
With this version it takes about 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. This is a great and fast dinner thanks to the handy dandy Instant Pot.
This chili and white beans and chicken. You can use canellini or great Northern beans. You also have onion, chicken broth, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I love that it also includes corn. You can use fresh when it’s available or frozen works good too.
After this all cooks in the Instant Pot, you shred the chicken and mix in the ingredients that help make it creamy. This recipe utilizes cream cheese and sour cream. Then you also add in lime juice and cilantro. Both of these really add a freshness and brightness to this Instant Pot white chicken chili.
Serve this soup with a salad on the side or some type of cornbread. I have servel great recipes to choose from.Print
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini or great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb or 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese, diced into pieces
- juice of 1 lime
- Optional for serving – tortilla chips, avocado, more sour cream, and limes
- In a 6 qt Instant Pot, add in the onion, beans, corn, broth, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper and lay chicken on top. No need to stir.
- Put on the lid and make sure valve is set to seal. Cook on high or manual for 20 minutes.
- After finished cooking, allow for a natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then do a quick release to release any excess pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks. Add the chicken back to to the pot along with the cilantro, sou cream, cream cheese and lime juice. Stir well until cream cheese is melted.
- Serve the toppings like tortilla chips, diced avocado, sour cream, limes, etc. Serves 6-8.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
This recipe is adapted from I Real Food.