I have several tomato tortellini soup recipes I have shared before. Some have meat and some don’t. Some yoiu make on the stove top and some you make in the slow cooker. However, just like yesterday, I’m trying to find recipes for the Instant Pot that are like the recipes I love. Enter in this Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup.
It seriously just takes 6 minutes to make plus the time it takes your Instant Pot to come to pressure. This has a creamy tomato base. The base includes chicken broth, cruched tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, basil, whipping cream, and Parmesan cheese. This base could even work on it’s own.
However, there are tender tortellini with cheese filling floating in that sea of creamy tomato goodness. Orinially, this recipe called for less tortellini. After making it, I knew this Instant Pot creamy tomato tortellini soup needed more!Print
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 oz) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese plus addtional if desired for garnish
- Add the chicken broth and frozen tortellini into the Instant Pot.
- Pour the can of crushed tomatoes on top of the tortellini, do not stir.
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper and chopped basil on top of the tomatoes.
- Secure the lid, make sure the valve is set to seal.
- Cook on manual high for 1 minute. Allow for a natural pressure release for 3 minute, then a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Turn the Instant Pot onto saute and stir in the heavy cream. Once the soup is boiling, slowly add in the parmesan cheese. Mix until cheese is melted. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 6 minutes plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Recipe is adapted from Cooking with Karli.