This has the classiccombo of onion, carrots, and celery that you expect in any chicken soup. There is also chicken broth in there to. Now as far as the creamy part of this soup, it comes in with a mixture of flour and evaporated milk. It makes this soup thick and creamy.
The rice for this soup does not need to be cooked ahead of time. The rice just cookis in the soup. There is aldo garlic, basil, and pepper in here as far as seasonings go.
Another wonderful fact with this creamy chicken rice soup is it is ready to eat in 30 minutes. With all the crazy winter weather going on across the US right now, you can finish your day with comfort in a bowl.
As usually with any bowl of soup, you can pair it with a hot baked roll or a fresh green salad. Or serve it with both! This will be a great staple recipe for you for soup season.
Creamy Chicken Rice Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- ⅓ cup uncooked long grain rice
- ¾ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- In a large stock pot, add oil along with carrot, celery and onion. Saute over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add in rice, seasonings and broth. Stir to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- in a bowl, whisk flour and milktogether until smooth. Stir into soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes until thickened. Stir in chicken and heat through. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe is adapted from Taste of Home.