Sometimes simplicity can be the best. I have a quick and easy parsley potatoes side dish for you today. It is also so simple that you won’t believe it. This dish is perfect to use in place of the regular old baked potatoes.
This dish only calls for 3 ingredients along with salt and pepper. The thing that adds to the flavor of this dish is the type of potatoes you use to make it. You use yukon golds or reds. Both potatoes are great with the skins on which adds both texture and flavor along with fiber to your meal. I read that a potato with it’s skin provides 2 grams of fiber. This dish is one I have been making for years and adapted from a Taste of Home recipe.
- 6 medium red or yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley (you can use dried in it’s place but fresh has better flavor)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, add potatoes along with enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook 20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain.
- Add butter, parsley, salt and pepper to the potatoes and stir until butter is completely melted. Makes 6 servings.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American