This recipe can be made with uncooked chicken or already cooked chicken. What ever you have will work. This recipe is basically pot pie filling mixed with cooked pasta.
Frozen veggies helps speed up prep time. Plus, no cream of soup is used at all to make this sauce. It’s just made using broth, cream, and spices.
- 1 pound cubed raw chicken or 2–3 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1/2 of a 16 oz bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 of a 16 oz bag frozen corn
- 1 (16 oz) egg noodles
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- If using raw chicken, place your pot on saute, Add chicken with a little olive oil.Cook for about 2-3 minutes until the outside of the chicken is white.
- Next, add in vegetables, broth, egg noodles, and spices. If using cooked chicken add this at the time too.
- Cover and set to manual for 5 minutes.Do a quick release. Stir in heavy cream.
- Turn back on to saute. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until thickens. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Adventures of a Nurse.