Tacos are in our usual meal rotation, but I love to mix up the type of tacos we have. This version is made with chicken and corn tortilla.
This filling for these tacos is creamy and flavorful. Once the tortillas are filled with the creamy chicken filling, they get brushed with oil and baked until crispy.
This recipe makes 16 Crispy Creamy Chicken Tacos so it is a perfect filling meal or will even work as an appetizer.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 6 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
- olive oil and kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, cream cheese, salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, lime juice, and milk.
- Sprinkle cheese over the tortillas. Then place 2-3 Tbsp of the chicken mixture onto half of each tortilla and then fold over.
- Place on a cookie sheet and brush each side with oil and then sprinkle with salt.
- Bake and 425 degrees until crisp and golden. Serves 6 as a main dish.
Recipe adapted from Mel and Boys Kitchen.