This post contains affiliate links.
A while back, I shared a tasty recipe for chicken pot pie soup. It is tasty but does take a little effort to make. Today, I have an easier version of that soup. This crock pot chicken pot pie soup is made in the slow cooker and uses some frozen veggies to make life easier. You do have to chopped some potatoes, onion, and celery, but it is well worth it.
You add some chicken to the slow cooker along with some onion, celery, frozen peas and carrots, and potatoes. Then you add in some garlic, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and time along with some chicken broth. Next you cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
Once it is done cooking remove bay leaf from slow cooker along with chicken. Discard bay leaf and shred chicken. add the chicken to slow cooker. Then is a bowl, whisk together cream and flour. Slow add it to the slow cooker while mixing. Cover and cook for another 30 more minutes or until the soup has thicken.
I like to serve this crock pot chicken pot pie soup up with some biscuits. You can even place one of top of the soup!
- FROZEN PEAS AND CARROTS
- BAY LEAF
- CHICKEN BROTH
Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 1/2 cup diced potatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1/3 cup flour
- In a 5-6 qt crock pot, add the chicken, vegetables, seasonings,and chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove bay leaf from slow cooker along with chicken. Discard bay leaf and shred chicken. Return chicken to slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together cream and flour. Slow add wgile mixing to the slow cooker and cook for 30 more minutes or until thicken. Serves 6-8
Recipe adapted from Baked by Rachel.
I love that this doesn’t use canned soups!