Ok, all of you new and veteran Instant Pot users, I have a tasty recipe for Instant Pot Beef Burrito Bowls for you today. Technically, if you want, you can use this for burrito bowls or as a filling for burritos.
This recipe uses ground beef for the protein. First, you brown the beef with onions in the pot on saute. Then, it includes the addition of spices, rice, tomatoes, beans, and corn. It all takes just 7 minutes to cook in the Instant Pot.
Once it’s all done, you serve it up in a bowl. To finish, you can top it with whatever toppings you want like shredded cheese and sour cream.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 minced onion
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can tomatoes with diced green chiles, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2 1/4 cups beef broth
- 1 cup of colby jack cheese shredded
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot. Once hot, add ground beef and onion. Cook breaking up the ground beef until fully cooked. Drain off excess grease.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the onions along with seasonings and uncooked rice. Cook to toast uncooked rice for a minute.
- Stir in canned tomatoes, black beans, corn, and broth.
- Lock Instant Pot lid and set to manual high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use quick pressure release. Open Instant Pot and fluff the rice with a fork.
- Sprinkle with the cheese, recover and let set for 1-2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve in bowls and top with desired toppings. Serves 6.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe adapted from Oh Sweet Basil.