This is a fabulous way to make a burrito bowl because it’s all made in one pot, the instant pot that is! It’s ready to go in about 30 minutes. It is a little more involved than most of the instant pot recipes I have shared before, but it’s still super easy to make.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/4 cup white rice, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth to the instant pot. Add in the chicken breasts and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Top chicken with the the beans and corn followed by the salsa and rice.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of broth in the instant pot.Press down the rice so it is all covered in the broth.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Set to cook on manual for 8 minutes.
- Allow to release pressure naturally for 12 minutes and then do a quick release. Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork. Turn instant pot off and place the lid back on for 5 minutes.
- Scoot rice to the side of he pot and remove chicken breasts and shred.
- Add rice to bowls and top with some of the shredded chicken. Top with desired toppings. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Tastes Better From Scratch.