I’ve kind of been on a rice bowl kick lately. I’ve been coming up with different ways to make them. These bbq chicken rice bowls are probably the first of many I am going to share with you.
With this one, I took a barbecue chicken salad that I love and converted it into rice bowls. Basically I just swapped out the lettuce for rice. It was a equally delicious as the salad.
I made the bbq chicken specifically for this recipe. However, if you have leftovers from another meal, this would be a perfect way to use them up. All you need is some chicken, barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce for the chicken. Then cook for 6-8 hours on low.
I just use regular long grain rice for the base. Then you top that rice with bbq chicken, corn, black beans, salsa, shredded cheese, and diced green onion. The last think to place on top is some ranch dressing. You can go for some in a bottle or make your own. I personally prefer to made mine using a package of Hidden Valley Ranch mix. I make it with buttermilk instead of milk.
- COOKED RICE
- RECIPE OF SLOW COOKER BARBECUE CHICKEN
- CANNED BLACK BEANS
- FROZEN CORN
- SHREDDED CHEESE
- GREEN ONIONS
- RANCH DRESSING
- cooked rice (I use 1 cup per person and this makes enough for 6 bowls)
- 1 recipe of slow cooker barbecue chicken
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans
- 1/2 of a 16 oz bag of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 diced green onions
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Begin assembling the rice bowls by placing cooked rice in the bottom of each bowl. Then arrange to other ingredients on top of the rice and serve. Makes 6 servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Barbecue