Burgers are a summer staple and with the summer winding down you need to get your grill on while you still can.
This recipe is a must have burger recipe. Sure you can sprinkle a beef patty with seasoning and grill it, then call it good. However, it works so much better when you can mix the seasoning into the patty. This also includes the addition of green onion mixed into the patties. It add a nice onion flavor to your burger without having to put onion on your burger.
So before the summer comes to an end, be sure to give this must have burgers a try. You simple must have them.
- 1–1/3 pounds ground beef
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- desired burger toppings like mayo, mustard, pickles, sliced tomatoes, lettuce etc.
- In a large bowl, add beef, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes on each side. Top with cheese while on grill and allow to melt. Serve on buns; top with desired toppings. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.