Here is another soup for you and this corn chowder in the slow cooker is so simple. It’s basically a pour and go recipe. It is also fairly healthy.
You can make it even healthier if you used a “healthy request” soup. For me, I did think this soup could use a little more flavor. After making this, I thought next time I am going to add some carrots, onion, and celery or maybe use some o’brien potatoes.
I now make it with o’brien potatoes and think it’s delicious. I am not sure where I found the original of this recipe but thanks to whoever shared it.
- 2 (14.75 oz) cans creamed corn
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup diced ham
- 2 cups frozen southern style hash browns (the cubed typed, I use the o’brien version)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place creamed corn, cream of mushroom soup, and milk in a crock pot. Whisk until soup is well blended into the mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, stirring occasionally. You can add more milk if needed when finished cooking to reach desired thickness.
This is the photo from the original post when it was posted in January of 2011.