I am always looking for a new and delicious way to serve up a regular old chicken breast. This cheesy sour cream chicken is a welcomed new addition to your meal rotation.
This chicken is moist, tender, and full of flavor. It’s seasoned with oregano, basil, garlic, and pepper mixed in with parmesan cheese and sour cream. I did leave out the salt from the original recipe. It was too salty in my opinion. I think the parmesan cheese is salty enough. However, if you need to add salt you can always add salt to each serving as everyone desires.
In addition, there is mozzarella cheese in these that get’s put over the chicken before all of the other stuffed that is mixed together is placed on top. This is easy to put together and is so delicious!
Cheesy Sour Cream Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pepper to taste
- chopped parsley optional for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish or casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, add sour cream, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Lay your chicken breasts in baking dish, top each with mozzarella cheese. Place a spoonful sour cream mixture over each chicken breast. Divide up all the mixture evenly on each chicken breasts. Spread the sour cream mixture carefully over each chicken breast.
- Top the chicken with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan. Cook for 1 hour at 375 degrees, or until internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe adapted from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds.