I’ve got one more grilling recipe for you before Memorial Day. If you are sticking with burgers you may just want to change it up a bit with this recipe. I mean how can you go wrong with garlic butter. I saw this original recipe for garlic butter burgers on Good Things Utah. Angel Shannon shared the recipe. Now she is all about using a stick of butter in her cooking. I found 1 stick of butter to be too much, so I altered the recipe to use less butter .
With burgers you need some fat to make them nice and juice. However, I usually always buy extra lean ground beef to keep in my freezer. I stock up when it’s on sale. So extra lean ground beef isn’t the best to use if you want a nice juicy burger. However, with this recipe you are adding some fat to your beef by using butter. The fun thing about this recipe is you freezer the butter and then break it into pieces and mix it in with the meat. Yum. And the butter is mixed with garlic. Yum, YUM! Delicious.
- LEAN GROUND BEEF
- GARLIC SALT AND PEPPER
- YOU FAVORITE HAMBURGER TOPPINGS AND CONDIMENTS (I USED KETCHUP, MAYO, PICKLES, RED ONION, LETTUCE, AND PEPPER JACK CHEESE)
- 6-8 CIABATTA ROLLS OR REGULAR BUNS
- 2 lbs. of lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup of butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Garlic salt and pepper
- you favorite hamburger toppings and condiments (I used ketchup, mayo, pickles, red onion, lettuce, and pepper jack cheese)
- 6–8 ciabatta rolls (or regular buns – I thought the ciabatta rolls were a nice change)
- Finely mince garlic cloves and mix into softened butter. Place seasoned butter in medium glass bowl and put in freezer
20-30 minutes or until butter has hardened.
- Break butter up using a fork into little pea-size pieces and mix into ground beef. Form into 6 – 8 patties (just depends on how big you want them) and cover, returning to fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper and grill over medium heat.
- Serve on ciabatta rolls with your favorite condiments.