These bacon cheese burger salads are a great option to allow you to enjoy a burger without all the carbs. There is no bun or bread of any kind in this salad. However, all the flavors of a bacon cheese burger are there!
The base of this salad is romaine lettuce. However, you can use what ever type of lettuce that you want. Then it’s time for everything that goes on top.
I brown the hamburger is a skillet with a little of hamburger seasoning to really give the beef that hamburger flavor. Then you need 8 slices of bacon cooked up and crumbled. I prefer to cook my bacon in the oven.
Then you have shredded cheddar cheese, dill pickle, tomatoes and onion. Now, I prefer to us those crispy fried onions. On the other hand, you could also use some thinly sliced red onion as an alternative.
Last, is the special sauce. It’s a quick little sauce made with mayo, ketchup, sugar, dill pickle relish and some dried minced onion. It is the perfect dressing to finish this cheese burger salad with. My family love this salad and didn’t even miss the bun.
- DILL PICKLE RELISH
- DRIED MINCED ONION
- GROUND BEEF
- HAMBURGER SEASONING (I USE MCCOMICK’S GRILL MATES HAMBURGER SEASONING)
- ROMAINE LETTUCE
- GRAPE TOMATOES
- PICKLES (I SLICED SPEARS)
- FRENCH FRIED ONIONS OR SLICED RED ONION
- CHEDDAR CHEESE
Bacon Cheese Burger Salads
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Hamburger seasoning I use McComick's Grill Mates Hamburger Seasoning
For the salad:
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce sliced
- 1 ½ cups grape tomatoes halved
- ½ cup diced pickles I sliced spears
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup French fried onions or sliced red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the special sauce together. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- In a skillet, bown the ground beef with the hamberger seasoning until the beef is fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- To build the salads, divide the lettuce between 4 bowls or plates. Begin topping each salad with 1/4 of each of the salad ingredients placing them in sections or rows. Serve the salads with the prepared special sauce. Makes 4 salads.
Recipe adapted from 40 Aprons.