You are gonna want to try this old fashioned hamburger gravy served over mashed potatoes. It is the perfect dish for your meat and potato lovers.
This simple gravy is made with items you have on hand. You need flour, milk, and beef broth to make the actual gravy. The flavor for the gravy comes from the drippings, onion, garlic, Worchestershire sauce, and beef boullion. Also, I like to add browning sauce for extra flour and color. However, it isn’t necessary.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp Better Than Boullion or 1 bouillon cube
- browning sauce, if desired
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion until beef is fully cooked. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Do not drain. Stir in Worcestershire.
- Add in flour. Mix in and cook 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Add in a drizzle of browning sauce if desired.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes. Serves 4-6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
This recipe is adapted from Spend with Pennies.