This post contains affiliate links.
This recipe makes a nice big batch of buttery garlic bread twists. They are great paired with a salad, soup, or pasta. The garlic is in the middle of these babies along with on the top too.
You can adjust the level of garlic used according to your family’s tastes. My family is all about garlic so I sprinkle mine with a nice layer of garlic salt. You can add herbs and cheese if you want to up the flavor on these even more.
Garlic Bread Twists
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Allow to sit about 5 minutes until foamy.
- Add in butter flavoring, if you are using it, along with the flour and salt. Use a dough hook and mix until combined. Covered and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough into a 12 x 18 inch rectangle. Brush with 2/3 of the melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Fold dough in half lengthwise so that the butter mixture is in the center.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into 1 inch strips. Twist the strips to form garlic bread twists.
- Place the twists on an ungreased baking sheet, you will need 2 sheets. Cover and allow to raise for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with more garlic salt. Makes about 20 garlic twists.
Recipe adapted from Eazy Peazy Mealz.