A sandwich can change from just a sandwich to something amazing with just the ingredients you use like in these ham and turkey bagel melts. You can even change it up even more by using a different cooking method like grilling or baking.
This sandwich begins with a fun base – an everything bagel. I love them for sandwiches. The add a lot of flavor, but feel free to use plain bagels if you aren’t an everything bagel fan.
These sandwiches use both ham and turkey along with Swiss as the choice of cheese. Now as far as the condiments, they get placed on the outside of the sandwich rather for inside. A combination of melted butter and dijon mustard get brushed on the outside. If you have ever made my mini ham and cheese rolls, this process is similar to how those rolls are made.
Finally these ham and turkey bagel melts get warm and melty after baking them on the oven.
Ham and Turkey Bagel Melts
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 lb thinly sliced black forest ham
- 1 lb thinly sliced roasted turkey
- 12 slices of Swiss cheese
- 6 everything bagels
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split bagels in half and place all of the bottoms in a 9 x 13 pan.
- On each bottom layer a slice of cheese, slices of ham, slices of turkey, another slice of Swiss cheese, followed by the bagel top.
- Whisk the butter and mustard together and then brush over the sandwiches.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Makes 6 sandwiches.
Recipe adapted from No. 2 Pencil.