This post contains affiliate links.
Monday we had a good amount of snow dump on us here in Utah. We had at least 5 inches here at our house. Between my son and I, we had to clear the drive way 4 times during the day. On cold snow days, I want nothing more but to curl up at home in a cozy blanket with a good book or movie. Then I like to follow that up a meal of hot soup and fresh baked bread. A hot soup like this Slow Cooker Spinach, Tortellini, Potato, and Sausage Soup is just what I need.
This soup is nice and hearty including spinach, potatoes, carrots, tortellini, and sausage in a creamy base. It was perfection for dinner on this cold and snowy day. It’s like a creamier version of a Zuppa Toscana soup with spinach instead of kale. However, you could totally swap the spinach for kale if you’d like. I paired it with a fresh hot loaf of my homemade French bread.
- BABY CARROTS
- YUKON GOLD POTATOES
- CHICKEN BROTH
- DRIED PARSLEY
- GROUND SAUSAGE
- CHEESE TORTELLINI
- HALF AND HALF
- FRESH SPINACH
- SALT AND PEPPER
Slow Cooker Spinach, Tortellini, Potato, and Sausage Soup
- 1 lb diced baby carrots
- 3 medium Yukon gold, diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 Tbsp dried parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 lb ground sausage browned and drained
- 9 to 12 oz cheese tortellini
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 to 3 handfuls fresh spinach, torn into pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the carrots, potatoes, chicken broth, parsley, and garlic to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until the potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, tortellini, half and half, and spinach. Cover and cook on high for 20-30 mins until the tortellini is tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper! The soup will thicken slightly as it cools. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Café.