I do love the combination of seafood with pasta, especially when it includes a creamy sauce like in this linguine with clam sauce. It’s a winning trio in my book.
The great thing about this dish is it uses canned clams. So, all you really have to do is just cook the pasta. Then everything else just get warmed and mixed in. Butter and garlic help create the flavor of the sauce.
Even though this is a cream sauce, it isn’t super heavy. There is a great balance between the pasta and sauce. This linguine with clam sauce has the perfect amount of sauce, just enough to coat the pasta but not drown it. A sprinkling of Parmesan cheese is the finishing touch. It’s a nice and light but satisfying meal.
- 12 oz linguine pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2–3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 (6.5 oz) cans minced clams, juices reserved
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan, for serving
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain well.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, add the olive oil and butter. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add the reserved clam juice to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook until reduce by about half. Stir in the clams and the heavy cream. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Portion out the pasta and spoon some of the sauce over the pasta and top with grated Parmesan, if desired. Serve immediately. Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Annie.