This post contains affiliate links.
Shrimp is always a great option to use when you need dinner in a hurry. It cooks up in a matter of minutes. Not all of my family loves shrimp but I decided to try a new dish on them. The dish I decided to try is a classic shrimp dish called Shrimp Scampi.
This recipe comes together in about 15 minutes and is prepared completely on the stove top. So it makes this a perfect dish for summer. You won’t have to heat up your house to cook dinner with this one.
This dish is also very light which is something I crave when I am looking for a summer meal. Pair this with a nice fresh tossed salad. Not all of my family loved the shrimp but they did eat the pasta which only meant more shrimp for those of us that do love shrimp!
- 8 ounces of linguine
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used the 31–40 per pound size)
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4–1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer;.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta, lemon zest and parsley.
- Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.
[…] Shrimp Scampi […]
I like easy and delicious meals.. 🙂 and shrimp is always a great option 🙂