This recipe for friendship dip was part of my super bowl menu yesterday. It is a family favorite. I got it from a neighborhood friend. I think they call this friendship dip because if you made it for someone, they’d want to be your friend. This is so quick and easy to put together. It’s also great to fix the family on a Sunday afternoon.
- CREAM CHEESE
- CANNED CHILI
- CANNED DICED GREEN CHILIES
- SHREDDED CHEDDAR CHEESE
- SLICED OLIVES
- DICED GREEN ONION
- 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 (15 oz) can of chili
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies (I only use half)
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sliced olives
- diced green onion (optional)
- In a large pie plate (or a pizza pan will work) spread cream cheese. Then layer on top of cream cheese in this order: chili, green chilies, shredded cheddar cheese (enough to cover), and sliced olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and melted (approximately 20-25 minutes). Garnish with green onion and serve with tortilla chips.