This is a simple recipe that you can throw together and have pancakes from scratch. It was quick and easy and the whole family loved them.
The recipe came from Hillary at Dinner On a Dime. The only downside to these pancakes was the batter is not that sweet.
We tried these babies with fruit syrup and regular syrup. Because the batter is not that sweet we preferred these pancakes with regular old syrup. Maybe a little vanilla extract in the batter would help.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream (can use Light)
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 c. milk & 1 TB lemon juice)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, whip the egg, sour cream, and buttermilk together with hand mixer.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix by had just until incorporated.
- Drop batter 1/8 c. at a time onto greased griddle warmed to medium heat. Cook until top bubbles, then flip and cook until done. Makes about 24 small pancakes. (I made them bigger with 1/4 cup batter and it made about 12). Serves 6.