This five minute patriotic pie is one of the easiest pie to make. What makes it simple is a thickening product that requires no cooking. I know of 2 brands here in Utah and I can find them at my local grocery store. Hopefully they have a similar product where you are at.
You can have a delicious fresh fruit pie ready in no time with it. To continue with the red white and blue theme, I used strawberries as the base for the pie and decorated it with whipped cream and blueberries. So simple, so yummy, and so fresh! I love it!
- PREPARED PIE CRUST (I JUST USE MARIE CALLENDAR’S FOR CRUST COOKED ACCORDING TO THE PACKAGE)
- FRESH STRAWBERRIES
- STRAWBERRY KOOL-AID
- ULTRA GEL OR ULTIMATE GEL
- WHIPPED CREAM
- POWDERED SUGAR
- FRESH BLUEBERRIES
- 1 prepared pie crust (I just use Marie Callendar’s for crust cooked according to the package)
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp strawberry Kool-Aid
- 4–5 Tbsp of Ultra Gel or Ultimate Gel
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 heaping Tbsp. powdered sugar
- dash of vanilla
- 18 or so fresh blueberries
- Wash the strawberries, remove the tops, and slice in half.
- In a large bowl, combine the water, sugar, Kool-Aid until sugar is dissolved. Then add the Ultra Gel or Ultimate Gel one Tbsp at a time, whisked to mix in each time. One you have reached the desired thickness fold in the strawberries and pour into the pie crust.
- Whip the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until firm peaks form. Pipe the whipped cream around the pie and add a squeeze in the middle. Decorate with blueberries and enjoy.
Adapted from 5-Minute Fresh Strawberry Pie as seen on Studio 5.