Today’s red, white, and blue creation are simple but extremely yummy patriotic parfaits. Fresh raspberries and juicy blueberries and layered between a deliciously creamy goodness.
The cream layer is composed of cream cheese, whipped cream and 2 sugars along with a little vanilla. It is sweet yet has a slight tartness from the cream cheese and sour cream. They have a sort of a cheesecake quality to it. It is fabulous. This is the way to eat fresh berries!
- FRESH BLUEBERRIES
- FRESH RASPBERRIES
- REDUCED FAT CREAM CHEESE
- GRANULATED SUGAR
- WHIPPING CREAM
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM
- VANILLA EXTRACT
- POWDERED SUGAR
- (9 OZ) CLEAR PLASTIC CUPS
Real Mom Kitchen
- 12 oz container of fresh blueberries
- 6 oz. container of fresh raspberries
- 3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 6 9 oz clear plastic cups
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth with a hand mixer. While mixing, drizzle in 1/4 cup of the whipping cream until blend and the mixture is smooth with no lumps.
- Beat in the remaining 1 3/4 cups whipping cream. Beat until firm peaks form. Then whip in the sour cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Pipe or spoon some of the cream mixture into the bottom of each cup, just enough to cover the bottom of the cups. Top that with a layer of blueberries followed by another layer of the cream mixture. Then do a layer of raspberries followed by a layer of cream. Top that off with blueberries places around the rim of each glass. Refrigerate until ready to serve.